- Johnny & his crew are awesome! He takes the time to see what your project is, studies the space & pays attention to your vision & your budget! Great guy to work with! Came in under budget & his workers were friendly & thoughtful about their work. Call him now.
Corte Madera, CA
- We moved into our home six months ago and thought our mess of a backyard could wait. Fortunately for us, our two young boys proved us wrong and we found Johnny and Bon Terra! We did our homework and sought out four different companies with various quotes/ideas/personalities. It was easy to pick Bon Terra. Their warmth, sincerity, knowledge, communication, efficiency and professionalism made the choice simple. From there, our vision for a contemporary, kid-friendly and low maintenance backyard emerged. The backyard is awesome and our home has doubled in size. I'd recommend Bon Terra to anyone. We can't wait to call them back for phase II - our front yard! Thank you Bon Terra for making us feel at home in our new house.
- Johnny and his Bon Terra crew just finished redoing my front and back yards - a complete and dramatic transformation! Johnny had creative solutions for several areas of the yard and great plant selections/pairings that I wouldn't have thought of. He also really listened to what I liked/disliked and was great at collaborating with me to come up with the final plan that I absolutely love. The crew was a pleasure to work with and executed quickly with great attention to detail. The job was very reasonably priced and I couldn't be happier with the final result.
Mill Valley, CA
- Excellent guidance and work from Johnny and his team, and all within budget. Extremely professional and hard-working crew. Our project included terracing our down-sloping hill, installing veggie boxes, an arbor and perimeter fence, and soft scape landscaping in both the front and back yards. We couldn't be more pleased with the results.
- We found Johnny on Yelp and immediately liked him. He had a real practical approach to our landscaping desires, and a willingness to work within our small budget. He broke the plan up into parts so it was palatable and evan kept his patience when I couldn't make up my mind.Our project looks fantastic and we are beyond pleased. He did exactly what we wanted! We're already plotting phase 2 and will definitely work with Johnny again.
Corte Madera, CA
- During the process of a large remodel and addition, both our front and back yards were completely ruined. We contacted a few landscapers to discuss our requirements, potential designs, and get bids.
Johnny was the obvious choice for a few reasons: he was willing to work within our budget; he's incredibly creative and immediately had ideas for some of our 'challenging' spots where others seemed stumped; and not least of which, he a very professional, energetic and all around nice guy.
The end result was fantastic. We consistently get compliments on our yard and have recommended Johnny to many. We have since moved to a new location (another project) and are eager to work with Johnny again on making this yard just as beautiful.
- We are thrilled with our recent landscape project that Johnny helped us with. After a large remodel project, both the front and back areas needed to be re-done. Johnny was great at giving ideas and reworking to fit our budget. He has a hard working team that get the job done quickly. We love the results and would use him again for future projects!
Mill Valley, CA
- We recently completed construction on a second floor additon and expansion of our house in San Anselmo. Needless to say, after construction the previously lush yard was destroyed - bare dirt! We saw Johnny's work a neighbors yard and was attracted to the design. After a site meeting, he followed up with a proposal and estimate very promptly. While we were very pleased with his design, we made a few changes which he enthausically incorporated. The best part was that he and his crew began work within a couple of weeks as promised and finished the project within 10 days! We are delighted with the results especially the metal vegi bins. The final price was very fair for the work done and was only slightly over the initial estimate - but that is because we added plants and scope. We are now enjoying our new yard and definitely recommend Bon Terra Landscapes.
San Anselmo, CA
- Bon Terra helped us to expand our yard, build retaining walls, and place new plantings front and back. Attentive service. No drama. Reasonable rates. Very friendly. Very pleased with their work.
Corte Madera, CA
- We recently decided to finally landscape our front yard, and couldn't be happier with Bon Terra's work. We met with four landscapers, all with different approaches, and chose Johnny based on his attitude, ideas, and the glowing recommendations. Our landscaping makes an even bigger impact than we'd hoped it would, and neighbors routinely stop to compliment us on the job. Johnny and his team were consistently on-time, thorough, and the final design is much better than the one we approached Johnny with. It's surprising how much more we enjoy our home now.We won't hesitate to call Johnny again when we decide to start the next stage of our landscaping, which, to me, is the ultimate vote of confidence.
Mill Valley, CA
- We had a couple bad experiences with other landscapers. Based on all 5* reviews for Johnny on Yelp and Marin Mommies, it was time to make a change for a large scale project in our front yard. I knew the first time I met Johnny it was one of the best decisions I've made.
With past landscapers/contractors, I learned the hard way that the design itself is not the key to success for a project. Equally important, if not more critical, are problem solving skills, managing expectations, attention to detail, and working within a budget. Johnny is a master in all areas. Our project was very complex in size and scope involving retaining walls, new driveway, gate, drainage, lights, fencing, irrigation, deer proofing, and approvals from multiple neighbors with our bizarre property lines. Johnny and his team handled most of the tasks and served as the contractor on the jobs that needed to be subbed out. Everything was well thought out, unexpected issues were brought to my attention and resolved, and the project went about as smooth as you could imagine with all the parties involved. There was no nickel and diming- Johnny was always looking for ways to save money or reallocate to get more bang for the buck. Not to mention being open and flexible to my non-conventional, contemporary/tropical/eclectic tastes. We couldn't be happier with our new front yard
Last but not least, Johnny and the team are great guys with the highest integrity. Really looking forward to having the Bon Terra team back in the coming months to redo our backyard!
- If you're in the market for a solid landscape professional, Johnny is your guy: highly knowledgeable, passionate, great instincts, cost conscious, detail oriented, and reliably responsive. He also happens to be a delightful person whose integrity comes across within seconds of meeting him. I was truly sad when the time came for the Bon Terra crew to pack up after almost two weeks on the job. They had successfully navigated the intricacies of a blueprint design, drawn up by a friend (which added a collaborative component to the job) with great skill. In fact, Johnny provided a suggestion for improving upon my friend's choice of material for a pathway, which we all agreed was the perfect call. From start to end, they did a fantastic job. Our front yard is living testimony to a fun and collaborative process that Johnny brought to life. Bon Terra has my highest regard. I know their fan base must be growing like weeds!
San Rafael, CA
- We are so lucky to find Bon Terra and Johnny Fort - they did an exceptional job from start to finish.
Johnny listened closely to our goals and our concerns for our sloped, sunny yard. He was able to come up with many solutions that were both affordable and practical.
He understood instantly what our style of living was in our outdoor space and what our needs were in terms of easy care and drought tolerance. There was a lot of "editing' that needed to be done of plants we already had (it was quite a jumble) and he knows his stuff - and came up with many great options for us that really improved the garden's look.
Finally, Johnny and his crew were always on time, pleasant to have around, tidied up after everything they did, right away. It was quickly apparent that if Johnny said it would be done in a certain way, at a certain time it was DONE. We really are thrilled with his great work and fantastic attitude - hopefully we'll get him back in the Spring to help us sort out our front yard next!
- I purchased my house knowing that my backyard needed a lot of work. It was a hodgepodge of overgrown shrubs on a hillside that was in-accessible, a concrete slab from the 60's, retaining walls that were crumbling, an assortment of potted plants and a random splattering of multiple different types of gravel. I found Johnny on Yelp and decided to discuss my backyard redo with both him and another local landscaping company. Both companies had good ideas, but Johnny was clearly the one to go with. He was very warm and approachable, professional, creative and obviously very knowledgeable. His practical approach to my project was what ultimately made me decide to go with Bon Terra. I was set on a few things and Johnny questioned why I would spend the money on them out of the gate. He really took the time to understand how I planned to utilize the space before he recommended anything. The other company was happy simply providing me with a proposal. I was very impressed with the proposal he provided, the project was clearly scoped out, each line item was very detailed, and he took the time to go through it with me. I will share that Johnny and his crew were very busy and it did take a few months from when I signed the contract for them to start the project (they clearly are in demand), but it was well worth the wait. When the project kicked off I expanded the scope significantly and Johnny was very patient with me. He talked me through the additions, while always being sure to remind me of my budget so I did not go overboard. Johnny's crew was hard working, efficient, friendly and very respectful, each day they made a point to clean up the site, even during demolition. I could not believe how fast they got the project done once they started. It was an amazing process to watch. The final project included a new flagstone patio and steps, a lawn, and stairs to a hillside garden that Johnny planted with low water native plants that fit in perfect with my existing plantings. They also installed a new retaining wall, drainage, irrigation and lighting. My new backyard is absolutely beautiful and really changed the overall look of my property. It looks well planned and finished. I would highly recommend Johnny and his crew!
San Rafael, CA
- Johnny Fort and his crew were timely, professional and very concerned with customer satisfaction. The job was completed ahead of schedule and I love my new landscaping!
Mill Valley, CA
- We recently completed a large project in our backyard and I cannot tell you how fortunate we are to have found Johnny. He is extraordinarily professional, creative, and flexible. We absolutely love the way our yard turned out (better than we could have ever dreamed) and he was particularly careful about working within our budget. He was very good about listening to us and incorporating some of our themes and ideas into the over-all plan. We're definitely planning on using Johnny for phases 2 and 3 and are actively recommending him to any of our friends and neighbors. You can't go wrong with this guy.
- Johnny at Bon Terra Landscapes is the greatest. I had a very small job - a small front yard - but he agreed to do it for me anyway. I also showed him my large(r) backyard on a 50% grade and talked about my plans for it... Johnny actually advised me AGAINST a huge project and encouraged making the most of what I have by just cleaning it up with some natural landscaping. What contractor downsells you??? Well, apparently, Johnny - when he thinks a smaller project makes the most sense. Huge kudos. So stop looking. This is the guy to call.
- We moved into our place in the summer of 2011 and knew we eventually wanted to work on our back yard. Over the following winter we learned that the yard was not graded properly and we had some drainage issues when 1/3 of the yard was one big puddle and water seeped into our downstairs area. Once the rainy season was over we began looking into companies that could correct the issues we had and do the back yard project at the same time. Once work began his crews were on time each day and did fantastic work. Our yard transformed from a wasteland of weeds, Bermuda grass, and ugly hard scape into an eye pleasing blend of new hard scape, grass and wood chips. In total Bon Terra ripped out the old yard, destroyed the old hard scape, rebuilt a bunch of hard scape, put in drainage and irrigation and then put in a new yard. 6 months on from the work the yard looks great and with the rain we've had there has been zero puddling and the drainage works like a charm.
- Bon Terra Landscapes worked on two large projects for us -- replacing a retaining wall and landscaping our front yard. On both projects, Johnny and his team were extremely professional, presented complete and accurate designs and estimates, arrived on time as scheduled, worked diligently and efficiently, and were pleasant and easy to work with. The only delay in work completion was due to an unexpectedly long stretch of inclement weather.Johnny made it easy to prioritize design elements so that we were able to complete the work in stages, as our budget permitted.Most every day, we watch strolling neighbors stop in front of our home to admire and point out interesting elements of our yard design. We couldn't be happier with the results.
San Rafael, CA
- Johnny with Bon Terra Landscapes is absolutely WONDERFUL! We had a last minute project that we needed done right away & wanted to stay within a specific budget. He went above & beyond to accommodate us & our yard looks amazing! We initially received an estimate from another company in Marin that was over two times the cost of what we paid Bon Terra... Not to mention the fact that Bon Terra did more work than that initial proposal from the other company. Their prices are incredibly fair and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a landscaper and not wanting to spend an absolute fortune. Thanks so much Bon Terra Landscapers! It was a pleasure working with you & we will definitely use your services again in the future!
- We've just worked with Johnny and his crew at Bon Terra Landscapes for the second time. They didn't let us down. A combination of great design, fast but careful implementation and a very collaborative attitude make this is a fantastic team, who take pride in their work and deliver great results. Johnny is super creative and knowledgeable and we would recommend him and his team without reservation. We feel lucky to have been able to work with him again.
San Anselmo, CA
- We had a truly fabulous experience with Johnny and Bon Terra Landscapes. Our property was in serious need of a makeover and Johnny and his team did a great job all of the unsightly plants, creating a great mix of new plants and grasses, and recommending a nice lighting combination to highlight the design. His team works fast and efficiently and show up when they say they will. I'm so appreciative of Johnny's style of work as well. He truly listens to what you want, he's realistic, trustworthy, and respectful of your budget. We also had a smaller project that we needed in a hurry and I'm so grateful that he made the time to come out and take care of it for us eventhough he was busy on other projects. I would highly recommend working with him.
Mill Valley, CA
- We recently decided to finally landscape our front yard, and couldn't be happier with Bon Terra's work. We met with four landscapers, all with different approaches, and chose Johnny based on his attitude, ideas, and the glowing recommendations. Our landscaping makes an even bigger impact than we'd hoped it would, and neighbors routinely stop to compliment us on the job. Johnny and his team were consistently on-time, thorough, and the final design is much better than the one we approached Johnny with. It's surprising how much more we enjoy our home now.
We won't hesitate to call Johnny again when we decide to start the next stage of our landscaping, which, to me, is the ultimate vote of confidence.
Mill Valley, CA
- Bon Terra Landscapes did a wonderful job on our front garden. Johnny gave us a new perspective about updating our front flower garden and we were very pleased with his recommendations. It now looks very clean and updated. Thanks, Johnny!
Mill Valley, CA